Your privacy on ArmeniaTravelTips.com
The technology driving web sites is evolving quickly – much faster than most users’ knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes.
As a matter of course, every web site is constantly collecting information about how its pages are being used. At a basic level, web servers record all activity in log files, while statistical analysis programs gather aggregated information to help publishers understand how their sites are being used. And when you register with sites your email address and other information you may supply is stored securely for specific reasons, such as sending you newsletters. But as of March 18th 2019 we don’t do that on our website.
Different users will have different levels of interaction with ArmeniaTravelTips.com
You may simply browse our content – read our articles, peruse our galleries, search for information, and so on – without actively giving us any information about yourself. You may also decide to follow our page on Facebook or other social media and platforms. In such case we don’t collect nor store any of your personal information as it all is handled by respective platforms. Moreover, you have full control over the information our employees can see about you (as our follower) on your social media profile – you can amend your privacy settings or unfollow our profile anytime.
Registration forms and personal data
ArmeniaTravelTips.com is a small project and we don’t need to collect big data. Nevertheless, it’s important for us to treat your data with respect and in line with GDPR requirements.
When you interact with us, we collect and use two types of data about users and members of our group: (1) Personal Data – (names and email addresses etc) via which it is possible to identify an individual from that information; and (2) Aggregated Data – being all other information that relates purely to generic statistics such as traffic flow and demographics (this usually comes from cookies and Google analytics tools).
ArmeniaTravelTips.com will only collect, use and transfer Personal Data about you if you have consented to that collection, use and transfer, explicitly. That, unless ArmeniaTravelTips.com believes that such action is necessary to (a) conform to legal requirements (b) protect and defend its rights or property (c) enforce this User Agreement or (d) act to protect the interests of its users or others.
You give your consent in the following way:
By completing and submitting any form you automatically consent to ArmeniaTravelTips.com:
- collecting the information that is on that form, and information about your movements around and use of this site and other ArmeniaTravelTips.com owned or managed sites (e.g. our Facebook page), for the purposes described below.
- contacting you with relevant material, for example about your use or potential use of this site and our services (i.e. we won’t spam you with promotional emails, but we can contact you to deliver your ordered service you purchase on our website).
- transferring your Personal Data to any data processors that ArmeniaTravelTips.com has nominated to act as its agent for any of the above activities. The data will always remain under the control and direction of ArmeniaTravelTips.com if this data has initially been collected by us.
- transferring your Personal Data to any country in which a server belonging to ArmeniaTravelTips.com is located for the purpose of providing you the sites and services within ArmeniaTravelTips.com network and for conducting the above activities.
You can unsubscribe from any of these services at any time by contacting us via our Contact page.
Your rights – individuals in the European Union
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have the right to access, correct, restrict, or erase your personal information stored on our platform at any time. You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us via the contact form on Contact page of our website. Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your data. Upon request, we shall provide any information relating to your data and our processing of your data in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Correcting your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform.
- Erasing your data. You have the right to ask to erase your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
- Restricting the use of your data. We only process your personal data where we have the legal basis for doing so and your explicit consent. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Other non-personal information will be collected and used by ArmeniaTravelTips.com and may be transferred to third parties. Any such statistical or demographic information will not include personal details through which you could be identified. In addition to non-personal information you may share with us in any of the forms on our website, information is automatically collected about traffic around the site. This is also only used in aggregate form and no individual user will be identified.
Site functionality cookies
ArmeniaTravelTips.com uses “cookies” to determine whether a user is signed in or not and, from time to time, to ensure that a piece of information is only displayed to users a certain number of times. A cookie is a small piece of information sent from web sites you visit (including ArmeniaTravelTips.com) to your computer to help identify you quickly. Cookies are not used to identify individuals personally and no personal information is stored in relation to the cookies.
Third party cookies
These companies may use information (not including your name or email address) about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Third party cookies may include behavioral targeting cookies. These are also intended to help display more relevant advertisements to you by using information about other sites you may have visited previously.
Third party cookies also include those from our data analytics providers. These allow us to analyse the use of our sites and do not identify users individually.
Refusing and removing cookies
At all times, you may adjust your computer’s web browser settings to refuse all cookies. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on website.
You can also remove all cookies from your computer – or specific cookies that you wish to remove –by opening your internet browser’s settings and finding the privacy or content settings.
The following links give you specific information for removing cookies from certain popular browsers:
The following links will give you more information so that you can continue to use the Internet with confidence.